- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 12 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 14 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 14 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 29 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 33 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 34 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 46 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 46 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 49 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 51 days ago
Gilgo Beach Missing Woman ID’d by Police
New York City police have identified the missing 31-year-old woman whose belongings and vehicle were found near Gilgo Beach over the weekend.
An NYPD spokesman said Natasha Jugo was last seen leaving her home in the Alley Park section of Queens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Her car was found on Ocean Parkway and some of her belongings were found on the sand near Gilgo on Sunday, police have said.
Jugo was described as 5-feet, 7-inches tall, 120 pounds with brown eyes and blond hair. She was last seen wearing a black robe, pink pajamas, gray hooded sweatshirt, black coat and black boots.
Nassau, Suffolk and New York State police have been searching the oceanfront near where the items and vehicle were found but have yet to locate Jugo.
Police have cautioned that there search has no apparent link to the Long Island Serial Killer, who had dumped four victims on the side of Ocean Parkway in Gilgo before their remains were found in 2010. That case remains unsolved.