- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 2 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 3 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 3 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 3 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 4 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 4 months ago
Gilgo Beach Missing Woman ID’d by Police
New York City police have identified the missing 31-year-old woman whose belongings and vehicle were found near Gilgo Beach over the weekend.
An NYPD spokesman said Natasha Jugo was last seen leaving her home in the Alley Park section of Queens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Her car was found on Ocean Parkway and some of her belongings were found on the sand near Gilgo on Sunday, police have said.
Jugo was described as 5-feet, 7-inches tall, 120 pounds with brown eyes and blond hair. She was last seen wearing a black robe, pink pajamas, gray hooded sweatshirt, black coat and black boots.
Nassau, Suffolk and New York State police have been searching the oceanfront near where the items and vehicle were found but have yet to locate Jugo.
Police have cautioned that there search has no apparent link to the Long Island Serial Killer, who had dumped four victims on the side of Ocean Parkway in Gilgo before their remains were found in 2010. That case remains unsolved.