- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
Cops ID Murder Victim Found Buried in Roosevelt
Nassau County police have identified a murder victim whose body was found buried in a Roosevelt park last week.
Police said they discovered the remains of 46-year-old Johnnie Floyd of Hempstead buried in the Roosevelt Preserve off Fredericks Avenue on Thursday evening. A police spokesman said he had been reported missing in April 2012.
Homicide Squad detectives developed information that led to a search of the area with Missing Persons Squad, Crime Scene Search Unit and Emergency Services Unit investigators.
The remains were excavated and taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s Office, where an autopsy determined the victim’s death “was caused by the actions of another,” police said in a news release.
Police did not release any additional details about how he was killed. The investigation is continuing.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments