- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Cops ID Murder Victim Found Buried in Roosevelt
Nassau County police have identified a murder victim whose body was found buried in a Roosevelt park last week.
Police said they discovered the remains of 46-year-old Johnnie Floyd of Hempstead buried in the Roosevelt Preserve off Fredericks Avenue on Thursday evening. A police spokesman said he had been reported missing in April 2012.
Homicide Squad detectives developed information that led to a search of the area with Missing Persons Squad, Crime Scene Search Unit and Emergency Services Unit investigators.
The remains were excavated and taken to the Nassau County Medical Examiner’s Office, where an autopsy determined the victim’s death “was caused by the actions of another,” police said in a news release.
Police did not release any additional details about how he was killed. The investigation is continuing.
Detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.