- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Man Fatally Struck by LIRR Train in Mineola
A man was fatally hit by a Long Island Rail Road train near the Mineola station on Tuesday morning.
The victim was struck and killed by a train at about 8:45 a.m., according to an LIRR spokesman. The victim’s identity was not immediately available.
The LIRR temporarily suspended service between Jamaica and Hicksville during the Tuesday morning rush hour commute while investigators were on the scene. Trains were running up to 15 minutes late two hours after the incident.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation.
The incident sparked a string a train delays on top of lingering disruptions caused by a train derailment that damaged tracks in Jamaica on Monday night.