- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Man Fatally Struck by LIRR Train in Mineola
A man was fatally hit by a Long Island Rail Road train near the Mineola station on Tuesday morning.
The victim was struck and killed by a train at about 8:45 a.m., according to an LIRR spokesman. The victim’s identity was not immediately available.
The LIRR temporarily suspended service between Jamaica and Hicksville during the Tuesday morning rush hour commute while investigators were on the scene. Trains were running up to 15 minutes late two hours after the incident.
MTA Police are continuing the investigation.
The incident sparked a string a train delays on top of lingering disruptions caused by a train derailment that damaged tracks in Jamaica on Monday night.