- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Online Drug Dealer Nabbed in Buy-and-bust, Cops Say
A Queens man has been charged with selling prescription pills online following a buy-and-bust operation, Nassau County police said.
Narcotics/Vice Bureau detectives found a Craigslist post advertising anxiety pills for sale, set up a meeting with the alleged drug dealer and arrested him the parking lot of Dicks Sporting Goods at Roosevelt Field Mall on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Michael Ohara, 24, of Bayside, was in possession of 30 yellow pills believed to be Alprazolam, a controlled substance, police said. Detectives found a bottle containing a additional pills also believed to be Alprazolam in the suspect’s vehicle.
Ohara was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance. He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.