- Long Island Summer Guide 2013 – Concert and Event CalendarPosted 13 days ago
- Suffolk’s Foley Nursing Home Closure Incites Anger, Sadness and SuspicionPosted 15 days ago
- EXCLUSIVE – Thomas Dale: Nassau County’s Top Cop Talks Crime, Scandals, and Cleaning Up the Embattled DepartmentPosted 15 days ago
- Long Island Waterfront Restaurants Reopening After SandyPosted 30 days ago
- Four Corners: Surfing on Long IslandPosted 34 days ago
- U.S. Military ‘Power Grab’ Goes Into EffectPosted 35 days ago
- 2013 Long Island Street Fairs & FestivalsPosted 47 days ago
- Long Island Farmers’ Markets Summer 2013Posted 47 days ago
- 101 Long Island Things To Do With Your Family This SummerPosted 50 days ago
- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 52 days ago
Online Drug Dealer Nabbed in Buy-and-bust, Cops Say
A Queens man has been charged with selling prescription pills online following a buy-and-bust operation, Nassau County police said.
Narcotics/Vice Bureau detectives found a Craigslist post advertising anxiety pills for sale, set up a meeting with the alleged drug dealer and arrested him the parking lot of Dicks Sporting Goods at Roosevelt Field Mall on Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Michael Ohara, 24, of Bayside, was in possession of 30 yellow pills believed to be Alprazolam, a controlled substance, police said. Detectives found a bottle containing a additional pills also believed to be Alprazolam in the suspect’s vehicle.
Ohara was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance. He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.