- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Long Beach Bridge Film Crew Delays This Weekend
Long Beach Bridge will be partially closed this weekend while a film crew shoots an action scene for a TV pilot starring James Spader, who played William Bilbo in Lincoln.
Nassau County police said the northbound lanes will be closed from 5 a.m. Saturday to 11 p.m. Sunday, forcing both northbound and southbound traffic to be diverted onto single lanes in either direction on the southbound side.
NBC will be filming “The Blacklist,” in which Spader plays the world’s most-wanted criminal who mysteriously turns himself in to the FBI, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Please note that filming will involve special effects such as fire, smoke, actors repelling off the bridge, gunshots, and a car collision,” Long Beach officials wrote on the city’s website. “These are elements of the filming and will be monitored by appropriate law enforcement officials.”
Drivers should avoid the area or expect delays.