- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
North Bellmore Woman Gets 7 Years for Killing Ex
A North Bellmore woman was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison for stabbing her ex-husband to death during an argument and dumping his body on the side of a road.
Nancy Boland had pleaded guilty at Nassau County court in January to first-degree manslaughter, criminal contempt, tampering with physical evidence and criminal possession of a weapon.
Prosecutors said the 57-year-old woman and her ex-husband, Walter—who had an order of protection against her—got into a fight at their Waltoffer Avenue home when she said he threatened her with a blade on Nov. 16, 2011.
Nancy said that she grabbed the weapon out Walter’s hand and stabbed him with it once in the abdomen, but he refused go to the hospital, so she left him home alone and went to work the next day.
When she returned home, she found Walter dead, waited until after dark to then drag his body to her mother’s car and then dumped his body on the Wantagh State Parkway bike path north of Sunrise Highway.
A jogger found the victim’s body the following day. Nancy had told family, friends, and co-workers that her husband had stormed off after an argument and hadn’t returned.
Nancy also pleaded guilty at Suffolk County court last month to assaulting her 84-year-old mother with a cane and is expected to be sentenced next week.