- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
The Beach Boys ‘I Get Around’ (Like You’ve Never Heard It Before)
Man, oh man. I sure do wish I was a heck of a lot older!
What I mean is, how swell it musta been to be around during the hey day of music greats like The Beach Boys!
Man, this winter cold sure is a bummer. And just listening to these American icons gets me thinking about beaches, babes, bikinis and bellyflops. Though not necessarily in that order. And not necessarily bellyflops or beaches.
But gosh dag nab darnit, since I wasn’t even a twinkle in my biological dad’s eye when “I Get Around” was number one with a bullet, I never truly appreciated the hip grooviness of The Beach Boys.
That all changed this morning.
And it’s just something I had to share.
So please join me in celebrating the arrival of Spring, even if it’s not quite beach weather, by watching this awe-inspiring performance of “I Get Around,” by America’s great musical treasures, The Beach Boys.