- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Hicksville Teen Impersonated FBI Agent, Cops Say
A Hicksville teenager has been accused of pretending to be an FBI agent, pulling over a car and searching its trunk while he was driving drunk early Saturday morning.
Nassau County police said 19-year-old Gagandeep Singh was driving a BMW when he stopped Honda with four people inside at the 7-Eleven on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow at about 4 a.m.
Singh allegedly asked the 21-year-old woman driving the car to get out, showed her a fake FBI identification card and asked her to open the trunk so he could search it, police said.
When police officers arrived, they found Singh had two New York State drivers’ licenses bearing his name with two different dates of birth along with the fake FBI ID card, police said.
Singh was charged with criminal impersonation, criminal possession of a forged instrument, driving while intoxicated and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.