- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Lake Grove Man Charged in Fatal DWI Crash
A Lake Grove man has been arrested for drunken driving after he allegedly struck and killed a pedestrian in Lake Ronkonkoma early Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Thomas Vaughan was driving a Chevrolet Trailblazer westbound on Express Drive North when his SUV struck a man who was in the lane of traffic near Carroll Avenue at 2:30 a.m., police said.
Gary Kroll, 59, of Lake Ronkonkoma,was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 59-year-old suspect was charged with driving while intoxicated. A judge set his bail at $10,000 bond or $5,000 cash. He is due back in court Monday.