- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Lindenhurst Man Charged With Wrong Way DWI Hit-and-run
A Lindenhurst man was arrested for drunken driving the wrong way on the Southern State Parkway following a hit-and-run crash early Saturday morning, New York State police said.
Leston Douglas was driving his Toyota Camry eastbound in the westbound lanes of the parkway when he struck a vehicle east of Route 110 in Farmingdale and fled the scene at 5:25 a.m., police said.
The 25-year-old suspect was apprehended shortly later when Troopers found him to be under the influence of alcohol, police said. There were no reported injuries.
Douglas was charged with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident, driving the wrong way and unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
He will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.