- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Medford Woman Accused of Hit-and-run Cover-up
A Medford woman and a Bay Shore man who allegedly tried to cover up for her have been charged with a hit-and-run crash that seriously injured a 16-year-old boy in Selden over the weekend, Suffolk County police said.
Melissa O’Brien was driving a Chevrolet Cavalier westbound on Middle Country Road when she hit the victim at the corner of Marshall Drive at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, police said.
The 39-year-old woman fled the scene and then returned a short time later with 40-year-old Anthony Bonello, who both told investigators that Bonello was driving the car at the time of the crash, police said.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives alleged the two were lying and charged both with falsely reporting an incident. O’Brien was also charged with leaving the scene of an incident involving serious physical injury and driving with a suspended license.
O’Brien was scheduled to be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip. Bonello will be arraigned at a later date.
The teen was taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center where he is being treated for head injuries and is listed in serious condition.