- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Elmont Couple Charged With Dealing Heroin
An Elmont couple has been arrested for selling heroin out of their apartment following a drug raid on Monday afternoon, Nassau County police said.
Narcotics/Vice Bureau detectives executed a search warrant on the couple’s Times Avenue home following an undercover operation. They found 1,534 bags of heroine, 50 pills of Alprazolam, and an undetermined amount of cash inside.
Thomas Mckinley, 53, and his 61-year-old wife, Lorraine Bianchini, were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance. Mckinley was additionally charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance.
Two alleged buyers, 26-year-old Maggie Caballero of East Rockaway and 25-year-old Grant Marshall of Copiague, were arrested for heroin possession after police said they bought from the couple before the raid.
Caballero and Marshall were also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
All four will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead.