- Muslim Americans: Behind the Veil of a Religion Under AttackPosted 22 days ago
- Vegan Chef Blends Passion With Artistry to Create Healthy Gourmet CuisinePosted 48 days ago
- Eli Rosenbaum: Nazi HunterPosted 50 days ago
- Oyster Bay Clam Wars IntensifyPosted 50 days ago
- The Revolution Will Be Satirized: Comedic Activists Deliver Tough Truths, With A Punch(line)Posted 50 days ago
Sandy Aid Application Deadline Extended
The fast-approaching deadline to apply for Superstorm Sandy assistance has been extended again, this time for two more weeks.
Residents in Nassau, Suffolk and the 11 other disaster-declared counties can apply for Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance through April 13 instead of the previous deadline of March 29—the five-month anniversary of the storm.
“This extension from FEMA will provide impacted residents with more time to get help so they can rebuild as soon as possible,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.
The 14-day extension covers both individuals and businesses who haven’t yet applied to the Small Business Administration for lowered-interest loans.
The aid can fund rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property losses and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance.
Applicants can register online at www.disasterassistance.gov via smartphone or tablet at m.fema.gov or call 800-621-3362 from 7 – 1 a.m., seven days a week.
Leave a comment
Powered by Facebook Comments