- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 7 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
LIRR Train Kills Person in Bay Shore
A person was fatally struck by an eastbound Long Island Rail Road train between the Bay Shore and Islip stations early Thursday morning.
The victim was struck by the 1:09 a.m. train from Penn Station due in Montauk at 3:57 a.m. at about 2 a.m., according to the LIRR.
MTA police are continuing the investigation. The victim’s identity was not immediately available.
The person is the second to be stuck by an LIRR train this week after another case in Syosset on Monday night.