- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Central Islip Man Found Dead in Street
Suffolk County police are looking for the hit-and-run driver that killed a 45-year-old man who was found dead in his hometown of Central Islip on Saturday night.
Milton Maldonado was found at the corner of Church Street and North of Suffolk Avenue lying in the street by a passerby who called 911 at 11:24 p.m., police said.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His body was taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner, where an autopsy determined his cause of death to be a hit-and-run.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation and ask for witnesses, or anyone who has any information about the circumstances that preceded this incident, to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.