- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Man Found Dead in Street
Suffolk County police are looking for the hit-and-run driver that killed a 45-year-old man who was found dead in his hometown of Central Islip on Saturday night.
Milton Maldonado was found at the corner of Church Street and North of Suffolk Avenue lying in the street by a passerby who called 911 at 11:24 p.m., police said.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His body was taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner, where an autopsy determined his cause of death to be a hit-and-run.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation and ask for witnesses, or anyone who has any information about the circumstances that preceded this incident, to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.