- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
LIRR Train Hits, Kills Man in Seaford
A westbound Long Island Rail Road train fatally struck a man at the Seaford station on Easter Sunday.
The 11:58 a.m. train from Babylon due in Penn Station at 1:12 p.m. hit the victim shortly after noon, according to the LIRR.
The victim was reportedly pronounced dead at the scene. His identity was not immediately available.
MTA Police are investigating the cause of the incident. There were delays on the Babylon Branch throughout the afternoon.