- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Merrick Woman Arrested for Hit-and-run
A Merrick woman has been accused of hitting a man with her vehicle and fleeing the scene on Monday afternoon.
Nassau County police arrested Rhonda Wander and charged her with leaving the scene of an incident with injury.
Police said the 59-year-old woman was backing her vehicle on Narwood Avenue when she struck a landscaper who was working in the area at 3:30 p.m.
The 48-year-old man she allegedly hit wrote down her license plate information, called 911 and gave it to responding officers who tracked the suspect down, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of pain to his back, right arm and right leg.
Wander was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to appear at First District Court in Hempstead on April 17.