- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Southampton Car Chase Suspect Nabbed
Southampton Town Police have apprehended a suspect wanted for fleeing officers who tried to stop him for driving a stolen vehicle last week, authorities said.
Carlos Garcia was arrested Monday and charged with grand larceny.
Police said the 21-year-old man fled Stony Brook University police who spotted him driving a stolen car near the Southampton campus Thursday.
Garcia fled on foot after he jumped out of the moving vehicle, causing it to crash, police said.
He was also charged with burglary of a cell phone from an AT&T store Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays last August, police said.
He will be arraigned Tuesday at Southampton Town Justice Court.