- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Suffolk Couple Arrested for String of Jewelry Store Thefts
A Suffolk County couple was arrested Wednesday for their alleged involvement in a string of jewelry store thefts throughout the county during the past month, Suffolk County police said.
The couple—32-year-old Daniel Cimolonski and 45-year-old Kristie Laird—was arrested after a patrol officer pulled them over in Deer Park for active warrants and drug possession charges, police said.
Detectives investigating the couple discovered that Cimolonski, of South Setauket, was allegedly responsible for four jewelry store thefts at various stores in Suffolk, police said. Laird, a Deer Park resident, was charged as an accomplice in one of those cases, police said.
They were both charged with grand larceny, criminal possession of a controlled substance and resisting arrest. Cimolonski was also charged with resisting arrest and was also accused of stealing money from a man at a Burger King in Bay Shore, police said.
Investigators said the thefts occurred in Huntington Station, Commack, Deer Park and Medford.
Nassau County police were also notified because investigators suspect that the couple may have committed similar crimes in Nassau, police said.
An arraignment date has not been set.