- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
West Islip Man Fatally Hit by Truck
A 27-year-old man was struck and killed while walking on the side of a road in his hometown of West Islip early Saturday morning.
Suffolk County police said Christopher Campoverde was driving a Ford pickup truck eastbound in the right lane of Sunrise Highway when his truck struck Gregory Wilson at 5 a.m.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Campoverde, 28, of Selden, was not injured.
Third Squad detectives impounded the truck for a safety check, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to contact them at 631-854-8352.