- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
West Islip Man Fatally Hit by Truck
A 27-year-old man was struck and killed while walking on the side of a road in his hometown of West Islip early Saturday morning.
Suffolk County police said Christopher Campoverde was driving a Ford pickup truck eastbound in the right lane of Sunrise Highway when his truck struck Gregory Wilson at 5 a.m.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Campoverde, 28, of Selden, was not injured.
Third Squad detectives impounded the truck for a safety check, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on the crash to contact them at 631-854-8352.