- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Roosevelt Teen Charged With Stabbing
A teenager was arrested for stabbing a man in Roosevelt over the weekend, Nassau County police said.
Eric Amaya got into a fight with a 21-year-old man at his Smith Street home, where the suspect stabbed the victim three times shortly before 3 p.m. Saturday, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening stab wounds to the back, leg and arm.
Amaya was charged Sunday with assault and criminal possession of a weapon. He be arraigned Monday at First District Court in Hempstead.