- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Brookhaven Man Fatally Struck by SUV
An 81-year-old man was fatally struck by an SUV while walking down a street near his Brookhaven home on Tuesday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said James Redman was walking on Old South Country Road when his 71-year-old neighbor, Lynn Leistman, backed into him with her Toyota Highlander at 12:45 p.m.
Redman was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he died shortly later. Leistman was not injured.
Fifth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask that two other pedestrians walking on Old South Country Road at the time contact them at 631-854-8552.