- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
LIRR Train Kills Man in New Hyde Park
A Long Island Rail Road train fatally struck a man at the New Hyde Park station on Friday morning.
LIRR service was temporarily suspended in both directions on the Main Line between Jamaica and Hicksville following the incident shortly before 11 a.m.
The identity of the victim was not immediately available.
MTA Police are investigating the incident.
There were no passengers aboard the train at the time, according to the LIRR.