- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Central Islip Crash Kills Motorcyclist
A motorcyclist died in a crash with a car that was making a U-turn in Central Islip early Tuesday morning.
Suffolk County police said Trent Wiggan was driving a Honda Accord westbound on Suffolk Avenue when a motorcyclist collided with his car while he tried to turn around east of Brentwood Parkway at 4:20 a.m.
The motorcyclist was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore where he died shortly later. The victim’s name was not immediately released.
Wiggan, 19, of Central Islip, was taken to the same hostpial with his passenger for treatment of minor injuries.
Third Squad detectives impounded the vehicles for safety checks, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about this crash is asked to call them at 631-854-8352.