- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Babylon Teen Arrested for Bomb Threat
A North Babylon teenager has been accused of threatening to blow up a federal government building over the weekend, Suffolk County police said.
A West Babylon resident reported receiving a call Saturday night from the suspect who said that a bomb was in the victim’s home and that a U.S. government building was the target of a bombing, police said.
Emergency Service Section investigators responded, searched the home and found no explosive devices.
The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and First Squad detectives tracked the caller down and arrested him Monday.
The teen was charged with falsely reporting an incident. His name was not released because he is being charged as a juvenile.
He was released to the custody of his parents and is scheduled to appear in Family Court at a later date.