- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Wyandanch Shooting Injures Man, Gunman Sought
A man was shot and wounded following an argument with a man in Wyandanch on Monday afternoon, said Suffolk County police who are now searching for the gunman.
Keith Garrison was standing on North 15th Street just north of Merritt Avenue when he got into a fight with a man who pulled out a gun and fired shots at Garrison shortly after 4 p.m., police said.
The victim was struck in the neck and back. He was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he is listed in serious but stable condition.
First Squad detectives ask anyone with information regarding this shooting to contact them at 631-854-8152 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-2202-TIPS.