- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Elmont Woman Charged With Attacking Ex
A 23-year-old woman has been accused of attacker her 45-year-old ex-boyfriend after she entered his Elmont home in violation of an order of protection on Tuesday evening.
Nassau County police arrested Tricia Mercier and charged her with burglary, assault, criminal contempt, criminal mischief and criminal possession of a weapon.
Police said Mercier made repeated calls that authorities described as “alarming in nature” to the victim, who later heard a horn honk outside his home and the suspect sitting in her car at 6:30 p.m.
Mercier allegedly walked into the victim’s apartment and struck him in the face with a pair of pliers, breaking his glasses.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment of bruising and lacerations.
Mercier was taken into custody at the scene and will be arraigned Wednesday at First District Court in Hempstead.