- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Islip Terrace Woman Arrested for DWI Crash With Kid
An Islip Terrace woman was arrested for drugged driving after she was involved in a crash while an 8-year-old boy was a passenger on Wednesday morning, New York State Police said.
Margaret Dopfel was driving westbound on the Southern State Parkway when she rear-ended another vehicle near exit 36 in Lindenhurst shortly before 9 a.m., police said.
Troopers found the 46-year-old woman to be impaired by drugs after she submitted to a chemical test of her blood, police said.
Dopfel was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs, endangering the welfare of a child and driving while intoxicated with a child under 16 in the vehicle, a felony under Leandra’s Law.
The child was released to a family member.
Dopfel will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Central Islip.