- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 1 week ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
West Islip Man Accused of Fatal Road Rage
A West Islip man has been indicted on charges he crashed his vehicle into a 15-year-old boy on a bicycle, killing him, following a road-rage incident last year.
Dennis Grabhorn, Jr. was arrested Tuesday and charged with criminally negligent homicide, reckless driving, criminal possession of a controlled substance and traffic violations.
Prosecutors said the 34-year-old was cutting off another vehicle near on the Sunrise Highway service in West Islip when he struck Thomas Labetti, who was riding his bike on the southbound side of Udall Road on Sept.11.
The victim died 17 days later. The driver Grabhorn had cut off allegedly had cut him off at a red light before the crash.
Grabhorn’s bail was set at $25,000 cash or $50,000 bond.