- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Coram Woman Arrested for DWI Crash That Hurt Driver
An alleged drunken was arrested following a crash that seriously injured another driver in Coram early Thursday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Barbara Nitti, 27, was driving a Ford sedan westbound on Route 25 when her vehicle crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and struck a car near the corner of Old Middle Country Road at 1:30 a.m., police said.
The driver of that car, 68-year-old Lillian Fernandez, was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital for treatment of serious injuries. Nitti was taken to the same hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. Both women are from Coram.
Nitti was charged with driving while intoxicated. She will be arraigned once she is released from the hospital.
Sixth Squad detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8652.