- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 5 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Farmingville Man Killed in Car Crash
A 56-year-old Farmingville man was killed in a car crash in Holtsville on Thursday afternoon.
Suffolk County police said Henry Villegas was driving a Dodge northbound on North Ocean Avenue when he crossed into the opposite lane of traffic and struck a Volkswagen near Summerfield Drive at 12:40 p.m.
Villegas was taken to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue where he was pronounced dead.
The other driver, 22-year-old Samantha Velez of Holtsville, was treated for non-life threatening injuries at the same hospital.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Fifth Squad detectives impounded the cars, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about this crash to call them at 631-854-8552.