- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Uniondale High School Student Charged With Lunchroom Stabbing
A Uniondale High School student was arrested for stabbing a 16-year-old boy in the school lunchroom on Wednesday morning, Nassau County police said.
Oscar Castaneda, 20, approached the victim, pulled out a sharp object and stabbed the victim in the neck and back, puncturing his lung at 11:39 a.m., police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment to his injuries. The alleged attacker was taken into custody.
Police said there is no known motive for the attack.
Castaneda was charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon. He will be arraigned Thursday at First District Court in Hempstead.