- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 6 days ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 weeks ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 1 month ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bank Robber Who Struck Twice in 1 Week Nabbed, Cops Say
A New York City man was arrested Friday for robbing two Long Island banks in one week earlier this year, Nassau County police said.
James Pope, 35, of the Bronx, was charged with two counts of robbery.
Police said Pope robbed the TD Bank on Franklin Avenue in Garden City on Jan. 30 and the TD Bank on Great Neck Road in Great Neck Plaza on Feb. 4.
Robbery Squad detectives said Pope threatened to shoot a teller in one case, but a gun was not seen.
Pope will be arraigned Friday at Nassau County Court in Mineola.