- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bank Robber Who Struck Twice in 1 Week Nabbed, Cops Say
A New York City man was arrested Friday for robbing two Long Island banks in one week earlier this year, Nassau County police said.
James Pope, 35, of the Bronx, was charged with two counts of robbery.
Police said Pope robbed the TD Bank on Franklin Avenue in Garden City on Jan. 30 and the TD Bank on Great Neck Road in Great Neck Plaza on Feb. 4.
Robbery Squad detectives said Pope threatened to shoot a teller in one case, but a gun was not seen.
Pope will be arraigned Friday at Nassau County Court in Mineola.