- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
E. Northport Mother Drove as Teens Shot BB Gun at Cars, Cops Say
An East Northport mother was arrested Friday for allegedly encouraging her two children and another teenager to use a BB gun to shoot windows of parked cars as she drove, Suffolk County police said.
Susan Becker, 43, was arrested after detectives began investigating more than 60 incidents of damaged cars in Islandia, Hauppauge and Commack over the past two weeks, police said. Becker, who police said encouraged her 13-year-old son, 15-year-old daughter and another 15-year-old male to shoot the BB gun that she purchased for them, was arrested at the Fourth Precinct just after 5 p.m. Friday.
Becker was charged with 10 counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief, third-degree criminal mischief and 11 counts of endangering the welfare of a child. She is scheduled to be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.