- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Southern State Parkway Crash Kills 1
New York State Police are investigating a single-car crash on the Southern State Parkway that killed a 23-year-old North Baldwin man early Saturday morning, police said.
Timothy Kearney was driving a 1998 Toyota Camry westbound on the parkway shortly before 4:30 a.m. when the car left the roadway west of Exit 21 and drove onto a center median before striking the guide rail, police said. The car, according to police, mounted the guide rail and then overturned and struck a tree before catching fire.
Kearney was the only person in the vehicle at the time of the crash, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the investigation is ongoing. Any witnesses to the crash are asked to call 516-561-8883.