- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
2 Westbury Men Charged With Attempted Murder
Two suspects wanted for joining two others in attacking three men with machetes in New Cassel three weeks ago have been apprehended, Nassau County police said.
David Hernandez, 17, was arrested Saturday and Geovany Hernandez, 20, was taken into custody Sunday. Both are facing charges of attempted murder and assault.
Police said the four suspects, all of whom are from Westbury, attacked the victims, ages 35, 34 and 23, in front of La Casa Del Marisco restaurant on Old Country Road in New Cassel in the early morning hours of Sunday, March 31.
The victims were taken to a local hospital for treatment of injuries to the face, neck and hands.
Miguel Flores, 22, and Jose Hernandez, 25, were arrested hours later, police said. They were each ordered held on $100,000 bail after being charged with gang assault and other counts.
David and Geovany Hernandez were both additionally charged with possession of a dangerous weapon. They will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Hempstead.