- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Central Islip Man Nabbed for Fatal Hit-and-run
A Central Islip man wanted for killing a 38-year-old man in a hit-and-run crash two months ago has been apprehended at the Canadian border last week.
Sylvestro Liotta was indicted on charges of leaving the scene of an accident, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and other counts.
Prosecutors said the 45-year-old man ran over Orlando Marquez on Caleb’s Path near the victim’s Brentwood home on Feb. 18 and fled the scene.
Border patrol officers discovered Liotta had a warrant for his arrest during a routine check of passengers traveling to Canada on a Trailways bus.
He was removed from the bus Wednesday at a checkpoint on a bridge to Fort Erie, Ontario.
He will be arraigned Tuesday before Judge Fernando Camacho at First District court in Central Islip.