- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
The Best No-It’s-Not-A-Woman-Singing Version of Luther Vandross’ ‘Dance With My Father’ Ever (Video)
When you play this, like when I played it at the office, let people hear it without saying anything about it. Then, after a little while, say, “Not bad for a 10 year old boy,” like I did to Scott. After all, reactions to random internet videos are part of the fun!
In this case, this young, unknown not-girl in this unknown place sings the hell out of this song. (For those who are not familiar, “Dance With My Father” is an extraordinarily touching song, one of the last big hits for the late, iconic soul singer Luther Vandross. Who also was not a girl.)
Anyway, it’s just a nice thing. Enjoy.