- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Rocky Point Woman Killed in Crash
A 51-year-old Rocky Point woman died in a head-on crash in Middle Island on Thursday evening.
Suffolk County police said Traci Gillow, 49, of Sound Beach, was driving a Mercedes-Benz southbound on Middle Island-Yaphank Road when she veered into the northbound lane south of Whiskey Road and struck a Hyundai shortly before 5 p.m.
The driver of the Hyundai, Patricia Moon, was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Gillow was taken to the same hospital where she was treated for non-life-threatening injuries after Middle Island Fire Department firefighters extinguished the flames in her Mercedes-Benz.
Seventh Squad detectives impounded both vehicles, are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information regarding this crash to contact them at 631-852-8752.