- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Uniondale Man Facing Murder Charges in Feb. 2012 Case
Nassau County police have made an arrest in a February 2012 shooting that killed a 21-year-old Hempstead man in his hometown, police said.
Homicide detectives said they arrested 26-year-old Shawndale Latouche of Uniondale in connection with the shooting. Latouche was taken into custody in front of his home and charged with second-degree murder.
The victim, Michael Watts, and another male, were shot on Feb. 18, 2012 just before 6 a.m. at the intersection of Linden Avenue and Linden Place, police said at the time. Watts was pronounced dead about an hour later at a local hospital, police said. The other male was treated for his injuries at the hospital.
Latouche will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.