- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Wantagh Man Dies in Fall from Motorcycle
A 64-year-old man died after he fell off of his motorcycle in Bellmore over the weekend.
Nassau County police said John Morgenstern of Wantagh was riding a Harley Davidson eastbound on Sunrise Highway when he began wobble and fall to the pavement near the corner of Rose Place at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Morgenstern appeared to experience a medical condition, police said.
The motorcycle struck an eastbound Mini Cooper. The driver and passenger in the car were not injured.
Morgenstern was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Seventh Squad detectives impounded the motorcycle for brake and safety inspections.