- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
8th Annual Flying Model Expo @ Cradle of Aviation
The Cradle of Aviation Museum will hold the Eighth Annual Flying Model Expo on Saturday May 18th and Sunday May 19th from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Each year the event continues to grow and attract hundreds of model builders, collectors and beginners to the largest event of its kind on Long Island.
The Expo provides model builders and flying model fans with a wonderful opportunity to see some of the best in class in model aircraft. Everything from electric, gas, RC, rubber-powered, gliders, helicopters and more will be on display throughout the museum. Plus, special free family activities will be available for junior flyers throughout the weekend.
Outdoor flying demonstrations will take place in front of the museum both Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting. Flying demonstrations of some RC electric airplanes will take place throughout the day in the museum. The Expo will have representatives from Flying Model clubs from all over the metropolitan area. A wealth of model building and flying experience will be on hand for anyone interested in either getting started or if you’re looking to perfect your own model.
Admission to the Flying Model Expo is free with your admission to the Aviation Museum galleries. The Cradle of Aviation Museum is home to over 75 air and space craft representing over 100 years of aviation history. The museum is located on Museum Row, Charles Lindbergh Boulevard in Garden City/Uniondale area. Directions to the museum are to take the Meadowbrook Parkways to exit M4 West, and then follow signs to Museum Row. For information call 516-572-4111 or log onto www.cradleofaviation.org.