- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Bus Driver Gets 1 Year for Syosset DWI Crash
A school bus driver was sentenced Monday to a year in jail for crashing a minibus with five children aboard into a Syosset home while he was drunk last fall.
Frederick Flowers had pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated and other charges at Nassau County court.
Prosecutors said the 66-year-old Massapequa Park man was under the influence of alcohol when he crashed the bus into a house on Teibrook Avenue in October.
Flowers told the court he was “beyond sorry” and his lawyer said he repeatedly asked how the children are doing, according to NBC New York.
The five kids—ages 5, 6, 8 and two age 9—were not hurt and nobody was in the home at the time.