- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
North Babylon Man Killed in Commack Motorcycle Crash
A 38-year-old motorcyclist was killed in a crash with a truck in Commack early Thursday morning.
Suffolk County police said Anthony Jacovino of North Babylon was riding a motorcycle southbound on Commack Road when his bike collided with a westbound Dodge pickup truck at the corner of Vanderbilt Parkway at 5 a.m.
Jacovino was ejected from the motorcycle, which caught on fire. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The truck driver, 50-year-old George Custance of South Plainfield, New Jersey, was not injured.
Second Squad detectives are asking anyone with information on this crash to call them at 631-854-8252.