- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Plane Makes Emergency Landing on Route 231 in Babylon
A small plane made an emergency landing on Route 231 in Babylon Thursday afternoon, according to police and aviation officials.
A Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman said the single-engine plane, a SX600, made a “hard landing” on the roadway just before 1 p.m.
“We don’t know about injuries or damages yet,” she said. FAA officials are currently on their way to the scene to investigate the incident. It was not immediately known where the plane took off from, its destination or what caused the emergency landing.
Suffolk County police received calls about the landing at 12:53 p.m., a spokeswoman said, adding that it “doesn’t appear anyone was injured.”
The FAA will be releasing updates as the investigation continues.