- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Uniondale Shooting Leaves 2 Wounded
Two men were wounded in a shooting outside of a Uniondale bar early Thursday morning and the gunman is now being sought, Nassau County police said.
Officers on patrol heard gunshots on Nassau Road, responded to the scene and found a 30-year-old man victim lying face down with a gun shot wound to the back of the head in front of Coco’s Bar, police said.
The victim was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
The second victim, a 31-year-old man, was shot in the left thigh. He drove himself to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
There was no description of the gunman.
First Squad detectives request anyone with information regarding this crime to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.