- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
East Norwich Fire Under Investigation
Nassau County police are investigating an East Norwich house fire that required 75 firefighters from five different fire departments to distinguish the blaze, police said.
Detectives said the 44-year-old homeowner was in a second floor bedroom when she was alerted to the fire by her barking dog and people yelling from outside. She went downstairs, saw the flames on the exterior of the house, and was able to exit through the garage, police said.
Nine fire trucks descended on the burning house before firefighters were able to distinguished the fire, which caused extensive damage to the exterior and interior of the house, police said.
The woman escaped without any injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation but police said it doesn’t appear to be suspicious.