- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
‘Possibly Deceased’ Woman Tip Leads to Drug Arrest
A call to 911 about a “possibly deceased” woman being dragged down the stairs of a North Bellmore residence ended with the arrest of a man who was allegedly driving with more than a dozen pills on his lap while the woman was unconscious in his passenger seat, Nassau County police said.
The tip also stated that the woman was put into a 2010 Volkswagen, police said. Officers responded and stopped the car on Bellmore Road and Doris Avenue around 11:30 p.m. and discovered that the driver, Adam Geier, allegedly had drugs in his possession, police said.
The 43-year-old woman in the car, who apparently suffered an overdose, according to police, was transported to a local hospital where she was treated and released.
Geier, 31, who was allegedly found with 22 Xanax and Oxycodone pills, was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance.
He will be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Hempstead.