- Homeless: More People Live on the Streets Amid Arctic Blasts than Stats ShowPosted 1 month ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Nassau County Taxpayers Secretly Charged Millions For Police Crime Lab ScandalPosted 2 months ago
- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 3 months ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 4 months ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 4 months ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 4 months ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 5 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 5 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 5 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 5 months ago
Amityville Hit-and-run Driver Sought in Fatal Crash
A 26-year-old man was killed in a hit-and-run crash after being struck by another driver who stopped in Amityville early Sunday morning, Suffolk County police said.
Carlos Perez-Rodas of Uniondale was hit in front of El Rodeo Restaurant and Bar by a Toyota Corolla and was then struck by a second vehicle that fled the scene at 12:43 a.m., police said.
The first driver, 23-year-old Joshua Dauphin of Farmingdale, was trying to stop southbound traffic on Broadway with the help of others when the hit-and-run driver struck.
The second vehicle was described as a late model, dark-colored Mercedes that was last seen heading southbound on Broadway.
Perez-Rodas was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center in West Islip where he was pronounced dead.
Vehicular Crime Unit detectives are continuing the investigation and ask anyone with information about the crash to contact them at 631-852-6555 or call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 631-220-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.