- LI Parents & Teachers Revolt Against Common CorePosted 2 weeks ago
- LIRR Massacre Film Resurrects Horror, Hope & Familiar QuestionsPosted 1 month ago
- Natalie Portman: Hometown HeroinePosted 1 month ago
- Jackie O: LI’s First LadyPosted 1 month ago
- Tattoos on Long Island: Four CornersPosted 2 months ago
- One Year Later: Long Islanders Still Suffering from SandyPosted 2 months ago
- Superstorm Sandy Art: Beauty from DevastationPosted 2 months ago
- Is LI Still Due for the Big One? Experts Differ on ‘Storm of the Century’Posted 2 months ago
- Do This – September, 2013 – Featured Long Island EventsPosted 3 months ago
- Officer Down: Kevin O’Connor’s Seven Year Search For JusticePosted 3 months ago
Bay Shore Woman Left 4 Kids in Car Outside Bar, Cops Say
A Bay Shore woman has been accused of leaving her four children, one of them autistic, alone in a vehicle parked in a fire zone while she drank in a Holbrook bar.
Suffolk County Police arrested Maria Cepparo and charged her with endangering the welfare of a child.
Police said the 40-year-old woman was in Momo’s Sports Bar and Grill while her 13-year-old son, who is autistic, an 8-year-old son and 6-year-old twin daughters were left in her Ford Focus with no heat and the doors unlocked at 12:15 a.m. Sunday.
Cepparo will be arraigned Sunday at First District Court in Central Islip.
The four children were released to their grandmother.